Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The council has developed four options for
Sites A B and C and this report recommends one of the four to
proceed with and develop further resulting in a full OBC.
That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration:
1. Approved option 3 as the Preferred Way Forward to progress Sites A, B and C and Church Street market and to return to Cabinet Member with an Outline Business Case for approval in Autumn 2019;
2. Authorised Officers to consider the inclusion of the properties on Edgware Road on Site C in the scope of redevelopment of option 3;
3. That in connection with progressing option 3, authorised Officers to enter into voluntary negotiations with leaseholders in any or all blocks within Sites A, B and C (with the exception of Kennet House) to apply the acquisition budget to acquire all leasehold interests by agreement at open market value and offer compensation in line with the Council’s Policy on Leaseholders in Housing Renewal Areas;
4. That also, in connection with progressing option 3, authorised the implementation by Officers of the Council’s Policy for Tenants in Housing Renewal Areas (as updated from time to time) to include all blocks in Sites A, B and C (with the exception of Kennet House).
Reasons for Decision
The decisions requested in this report will:
· enable the proposals of the chosen option to be progressed and developed into an Outline Business Case for consideration by the Cabinet Member in Autumn of 2019;
· enable the achievement of vacant possession of all blocks on Sites A, B and C (except Kennet House) in readiness for redevelopment in accordance with the emerging development programme timetable.
Publication date: 06/06/2019
Date of decision: 06/06/2019
Effective from: 14/06/2019