Decision Maker: Leader of the Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Review of consultation for directorate
re-organisation. Decision required: approval of new directorate
That the implementation of the proposed structure chart for the Policy, Performance and Communications Department contained at Appendix 2 of the report be approved.
To provide the Leader, Cabinet, Chief Executive and Executive Leadership Team with the resource and capability needed to drive the delivery of the council’s priorities, the new organisation of PPC will drive efficiency and pace through:
· Providing a single source of information for all corporate change projects within the Council, creating corporate visibility of projects and the associated benefits through robust and transparent monitoring and reporting practices.
· Enhancing the support provided to Cabinet Members and Executive Directors to ensure all activity within their portfolio delivers to the council’s City for All priorities.
· Ensuring all communications activity makes a strategic contribution towards achieving our City for All goals.
· Putting insight and evaluation at the heart of what we do, making sure our policies and communications are evidence based and impactful.
The new organisation will:
· Drive a culture of organisational efficiency and delivery.
· Build our capabilities around insight and intelligence, making sure evidence drives communications and decision making.
Publication date: 11/07/2019
Date of decision: 11/07/2019