Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Considerations relating to the adoption of
London Living Wage/National Living Wage Policy (LLW/NLW) for
Westminster City Council
1. That the Council takes steps to adopt a Living Wage policy whereby staff working for contractors delivering services on behalf of the Council are paid at least the London Living Wage (LLW) or the National Living Wage outside of London.
2. The Council continues to pay its own London based staff LLW and to broaden this to apply to its apprentices.
3. The Council seeks Living Wage Foundation accreditation as a public pledge of its commitment.
4. That a phased approach to implementation is adopted which means that the Living Wage will be incorporated as contracts are retendered with appropriate legal advice taken on a case by case basis.
1. The decisions directly supports the City for All priorities, specifically:
Caring fairer City and
- City of opportunity
Publication date: 16/07/2019
Date of decision: 15/07/2019
Effective from: 25/07/2019