Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Decisions required prior to planning
1. That appendices B and C of this report be exempt from disclosure by virtue of the Local Government Act 1972, Schedule 12A Part 1, paragraph 3 (as amended), in that these documents contain information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
2. That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration approved the preferred option for the redevelopment of the site to provide a ground floor community use with 14 affordable units above, in the form of intermediate rent as set out in paragraph 3.2 of the report.
3. That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration delegated the final decision to determine the type of community use that will provided within the scheme to the Executive Director of Growth, Planning and Housing.
4. That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration Approve direct development as the delivery option as set out in paragraph 3.10.
Reasons for Decision
1. In 2017, Cabinet Member approval was received for a total budget of £2.262M for the project. Circa £800K of this was for historic spend on the project, therefore a budget of £1.4M was confirmed for further project spend and approval to take the design to RIBA Stage 4 and progress the options outlined in the Cabinet Member Report in July 2017.
2. The following potential scoping options have been considered for this scheme:
§ Option 1: Reinstatement of the kickabout site
§ Option 2: Community Use with Residential above
§ Option 3: Mixed Tenure Residential
§ Option 4: Fully affordable residential scheme
3. Each of the Scoping Options were assessed against the project objectives and Critical Success Factors, the in-depth assessment can be found in the appended Outline Business Case.
4. Option 2 was found to meet all of the objectives and Critical Success Factors. This option provides a wider range of benefits to the community as it would include affordable housing as well as a community use on the ground floor of the development. It would also be deemed acceptable to planning given that it provides the D1 Community use class. For these reasons, it is considered that Option 2 (community use with residential) is the preferred option.
Publication date: 06/11/2019
Date of decision: 06/11/2019
Effective from: 14/11/2019