Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Children's Services
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That Part B of this report be exempt from disclosure under s100B(2) and Schedule 12 A of the Local Government Act 1972, (as amended) in that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
2. That the Cabinet Member for Children’s Services
· Grant approval to enter into a Design & Build contract with Neilcott Construction Limited, for construction of a new Nursery at the Younger Years Site, for £2.373m, and
· Grant approval to enter into a Design & Build contract with Neilcott Construction Limited, for construction of a new dining hall and refurbishment works at the Older Years Site for £1.809m.
3. That the Cabinet Member for Children’s Services authorised the Director of Law to negotiate and sign with Neilcott Construction Limited two Design & Build contracts and, with ARK Schools, a Development Agreement for each site.
Reasons for the Decision
1. As part of the Council’s approved Secondary School Expansion programme, King Solomon Academy was subject to a building project. This would enable the Council to fulfil its statutory duty to provide a school place for every child who needs one in its area.
2. The tender evaluation report (Gate 3) was presented to the Commercial Gateway Review Board (CGRB) on 12 May 2020. CGRC endorsed the recommendation of award to the Bi-Borough Executive Director of Children’s Services to award the contracts to Neilcott Construction Limited, Registered Company Number 1151561.
The Gate 3 paper and the cost consultant commercial tender review are attached as Appendices A and B to the report.
3. The proposed contract value was within the programme budget negotiated with the School and ARK. Overall expenditure was in line with the Pre-Tender Estimate and had been verified by Finance (please see the Financial Implications slide in the Gate 3 paper - slides 10 &11 of Appendix A).
Publication date: 17/06/2020
Date of decision: 17/06/2020
Effective from: 25/06/2020