Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Business and Planning, Cabinet Member for Community Services and Digital
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet Member Report seeking agreement to
enter into a grant agreement with the GLA in relation to the
Digital Street Market Project and seek approval of spend and the
delivery of the project as set out within the grant
1. That part B of the report be exempt from disclosure by virtue of the Local Government Act 1972, Schedule 12A Part 1, paragraph 5 (as amended), in that it contains information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
2. That Cabinet Members:
Authorised the council to enter a grant agreement with the GLA for the Digital Street Markets Project.
Authorised the delivery of the Digital Street Markets Project as set out within the appended grant agreement.
Authorised capital expenditure against the budget within the capital programme of £1.152m of which £0.576m will be funded from the ERDF grant and £0.576m will be funded by the Council.
1. The rationale for investing within the Digital Street Markets Project is as follows:
· The mobile networks within the market areas are not resilient enough for traders to reliably take card payments. The project will address this market failure.
· Through the market consultation residents had identified that they wanted to hear more about their local markets online. This project will support traders to improve their online presence.
· The project secures £0.576m of external funding which ensures good value for money for the council.
· The project enables us to deliver a priority within City for All, namely, “implement our Digital Street Markets Project and roll out Wi-Fi and digital training to all six Westminster Markets”.
Publication date: 15/07/2020
Date of decision: 15/07/2020