Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Public Health
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
That the Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Public Health:
1) Noted the Local Outbreak Control Plan (Appendix 1);
2) Approved that the Director of Public Health be authorised to make changes to the LOCP in consultation with the Executive Director for Adult Social Care;
3) Approved that the strategic oversight of the plan be provided by the Bi-Borough Health Protection Board and the Bi-Borough Health and Well Being Board;
4) Noted that £2,890,797 has been allocated by the Department of Health and Social Care. The payment sat within the dedicated Covid19 costs centre within the Public Health Reporting Hierarchy;
5) Noted the new powers under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No 3) Regulations 2020 (the Regulations); and
6) Noted if the new powers under the new Regulations needed to be exercised a separate report would be prepared for the Leader.
Reasons for Decision
All Local Authorities were required to develop publish LOCPs by 30 June 2020 centred around the following seven themes
i. Planning for local outbreaks in care homes and schools
ii. Identifying and planning how to manage other high-risk places, locations and communities of interest.
iii. Identifying methods for local testing to ensure a swift response that was accessible to the entire population.
iv. Assessing local and regional contact tracing and infection control capability in complex settings and the need for mutual aid (e.g. identifying specific local complex communities of interest and settings, developing assumptions to estimate demand, developing options to scale capacity if needed).
v. Integrating national and local data and scenario planning through the Joint Biosecurity Centre Playbook.
vi. Supporting vulnerable local people to get help to self-isolate and ensuring services meet the needs of diverse communities.
vii. Establishing governance structures led by existing Covid-19 Health Protection Boards and supported by existing Gold command forums and a new member-led Board to communicate with the general public.
Publication date: 10/08/2020
Date of decision: 10/08/2020