Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing, Cabinet Member for City Management
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That in order to comply with the provisions of The Rents for Social Housing policy for 2021/22, the Cabinet Member for Housing approves an increase of the HRA rents by 1.5% from the 5April 2021. This is the maximum permitted under the Rent Standard 2020.
2. That the Cabinet Member for Housing notes that the Council continues to exercise its discretion under the rent restructuring policy to set rents for new tenants and transfers on all re-lets at formula target rent from Monday 5 April2021.
3. That the Cabinet Member for Housing gives approval for tenant service charges to be varied in line with estimated actual costs for 2021/22 from Monday 5April 2021.
4. That the Cabinet Member for City Management gives approval for charges for car parking and parking spaces to be increased by 1.1% (RPI as at September 2020) from Monday 5April 2021.
5. That the Cabinet Member for Housing gives approval for charges for sheds and garages to be increased by 1.1% (RPI as at September 2020) from Monday 5April 2021 with a review to follow in early 2021.
6. The previously agreed approach for the calculation of the Block Cleaning (BCCN) and Estate Contract Cleaning (ECCN) element of service charge is maintained with the costs being pooled. This approach will be reviewed annually and also when the contract is re-let.
To set the HRA tenant rents and other charges for the financial year 2021/22. The City Council is required by law to give tenants at least 28 days’ notice of any variation to the rentcharged.
Publication date: 08/03/2021
Date of decision: 08/03/2021