Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance and Smart City
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet Member approval sought for preferred option with regard to the future of Huguenot House.
1. Noted the outcomes of the Huguenot House options consultation, completed in January 2021 as further detailed in section 7 and appendix 1 to the report.
2. Agreed to the preferred way forward for Huguenot House, namely redevelopment (Option 7).
3. The options consultation for Huguenot House was open from 2017 to January 2021. During this period, all Huguenot House residents were consulted, alongside a wide range of key stakeholders. In order to progress with a preferred way forward, the consultation process needs to be concluded and the outcomes noted.
4. The views expressed during the consultation period varied, with no clear preference for a way forward. It can be concluded that opinions differed between secure tenants, resident leaseholders, non-resident leaseholders, and local organisations and other stakeholders who engaged with the consultation.
5. In total, seven options have been considered for the future of Huguenot House. Following detailed analysis of the benefits, economics and the conclusions from the stakeholder consultation, it is recommended that the preferred way forward be redevelopment of the building (option 7). It is considered that redevelopment provides the best opportunity to meet the agreed project objectives. A discussion of the proposed project objectives and their analysis is provided in section 8 of the report (with further detail provided in appendix 4).
Publication date: 10/03/2021
Date of decision: 10/03/2021
Effective from: 18/03/2021