Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for City Management and Air Quality
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
This decision is for Parking Services to include admin charges when retrospectively pursuing unauthorised parking suspensions.
1.1.That the Cabinet Member for City Management & Air Quality approves the following:
· The introduction of a £70 admin charge for each unauthorised parking suspension.
· That the new admin charge will replace the existing short notice charge, except for unauthorised suspensions involving companies who are members of LJUG. LJUG members will continue to pay the £20 short notice fee and unauthorised suspensions will be charged at the standard (non-discounted) rates.
· That the new admin fee is implemented from the commencement of the new Parking back-office contract, scheduled to be let in April 2023, or an appropriate date thereafter.
2. Reasons for Decision
· To provide a financial means to deter companies from installing unauthorised parking suspensions.
· To help manage the impacts from unauthorised suspensions, for all kerbside users including residents.
· To ensure additional costs incurred by the Council for the provision of the unauthorised suspensions service, are recouped.
· To ensure LJUG members are not disproportionately disadvantaged by the introduction of this new admin charge.
To align the implementation with the launch of a new back-office system in April 2023, to minimise implementation costs and complexity.
Publication date: 24/10/2022
Date of decision: 24/10/2022