Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To set out the Council's wider plans to tackle
the cost of living crisis
It is recommended that Cabinet:
· Notes the decision taken by the Leader of the Council on 30 November.
· 2022 to invest a further £1m of council resources to support at least. 3,350 of the most vulnerable households over the Winter.
· Notes the worsening economic outlook for 2023/24.
· Agrees to a further investment of £1m for 2023/24 to support households hardest hit by the cost-of-living crises, bringing the total package of support available across the city to £10m.
· Delegates to the Executive Director of Innovation and Change and Executive Director of Finance & Resources authority to agree in consultation with the Leader of the Council the scope of future projects based on need, value for money and evidence of what works.
Report author: Ezra Wallace
Publication date: 13/12/2022
Date of decision: 12/12/2022
Decided at meeting: 12/12/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/12/2022