Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Built Environment
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet Member Report enables designation
decision to be made in relation to Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood
1. The Cabinet Member considered the representations received in response to the consultation on the proposed Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood Forum as summarised in paragraph 4.7.
2. For the reasons set out in Section 3 (and in more detail in Section 5) of the report the Cabinet Member agreed to:
i. Designate the proposed Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood Forum as the neighbourhood forum for the Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood Area.
3. The Cabinet Member agreed that a formal designation notice is published under delegated authority of the Director of Communications, Policy and Performance, following the Cabinet Member decision in relation to the Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood Forum application.
1. The proposed Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood Forum is considered to exceed the requirements of the neighbourhood planning legislation. The forum’s written constitution clearly states that it has been established for the express purpose of promoting or improving the social, economic or environmental well-being of Fitzrovia West, whilst it also has a membership of more than 21 persons and is actively open to individuals who live or work in the area. Section 5 of this report sets this out in more detail.
2. The Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood Forum is considered to be representative of the designated Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood Area. Membership is drawn from different parts of Fitzrovia West and from different sections of the community, including from landowners, small business owners and workers, and residents. It is considered that purpose of the neighbourhood forum – to ensure that Fitzrovia develops as a habitable, sustainable and neighbourly community through all means available including planning, collaborative working and community enterprise – reflects the character of the Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood Area.
3. The proposed Fitzrovia West Neighbourhood Forum received strong support during its respective period for representations. The City Council received a total of forty-three responses from across the Fitzrovia West area; of which thirty seven were supportive of the forum (no objections were received).
Publication date: 06/02/2015
Date of decision: 05/02/2015