Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet Member approval sought.
1. That this report be exempt from disclosure by virtue of the Local Government Act 1972 Schedule 12A, Part 1, paragraph 3 (as amended), in that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
2. That the Cabinet Member for Housing Services approved the decision to award the contracts to the organisations with associated costs to Lots 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively as set out in the report as part of a competitive tender process for the period from May 1st 2019 to April 30th 2023 for a total amount specified in the report.
3. That the Cabinet Member for Housing Services delegated authority to the Director of Housing to consider/approve taking up the options to extend of 1 year plus 1 year plus 1 year, as allowed for within the contract conditions.
Reasons for Decision
1. Regulation 72 (1) of the Public Contract Regulations 2015 require that for any variation clauses to be lawful they must be couched in ‘clear, precise and unequivocal’ terms, that state the scope and nature of possible modifications. This contract must be put onto a compliant contractual footing with clear start/expiry dates and provisions to extend that do not continue indefinitely
2. The evaluation panel met with all bidders from the 19th- 20th December 2018 to clarify areas of their tender submissions of their technical responses before selecting the preferred bidders according to the evaluation criteria.
Publication date: 14/02/2019
Date of decision: 14/02/2019
Effective from: 22/02/2019