Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Built Environment, Cabinet Member for City Management and Customer Services, Cabinet Member for Sustainability and Parking
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet Member Report seeking approval to
undertake Traffic Order consultation and detailed design
1. That the consultation response report of the second round of consultation be noted along with the officer’s response to general and specific concerns raised.
2. That approval be given to proceed with Traffic Management Order (TMO) consultation.
3. That approval be given to proceed with detailed design including associated surveys.
4. That approval be given for capital expenditure of £890,000 necessary to undertake TMO consultation and detailed design, which is to be fully funded by external parties.
5. That approval be given to enter into a Section 278 agreement with The Portman Estate and Baker Street Quarter Partnership to secure the entire funding for this project. *
6. That approval be given to enter into a Section 8 agreement with Transport for London (TfL) to undertake highway improvement works on TLRN (Transport for London Road Network) roads as part of this project (subject to TfL approval).
7. That authority be delegated to the Executive Director of City Management and Communities, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Built Environment and Cabinet Member for Sustainability and Parking, to consider the results of the TMO consultation and approve modifications to the scheme should they become necessary as a result of the TMO consultation.
8. That the Cabinet Member for Built Environment, the Cabinet Member for City Management & Customer Services and the Cabinet Member for Sustainability and Parking agree recommendations 2.1 to 2.7 to the report to the extent that the matters fall within their respective Terms of Reference.
1. A Traffic Management Order (TMO) consultation can now be undertaken on the changes to parking and loading restrictions as part of the Baker Street Two Way project.
2. Detailed design can be undertaken based on the responses received so far in the two public consultations and on the responses that will be received as part of the TMO consultation.
*Note of Clarification
This stage of the project is being funded by TfL, Portman Estate and Baker Street Quarter Partnership as follows:
Portman Estate and Baker Street Quarter Partnership - £400,000
Transport for London - £490,000
Publication date: 05/10/2016
Date of decision: 03/10/2016