Venue: Room 18.05, 64 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP. View directions
Contact: Reuben Segal, Senior Governance and Committee Officer Tel: 020 7641 3160; Email: email@example.com
To report any changes to the membership.
There were no changes.
Declarations of Interests
To receive and record declarations of interest.
There were no Declarations of Interest.
To approve the minutes of the previous meeting.
Resolved:That the minutes of the meeting held on 2 November 2017 be approved for signature by the Chairman as a true and correct record of the proceedings.
Report of the Executive Director of Policy, Performance and Communications
4.1 Andrew Barry-Purssell introduced the report. He confirmed that all the proposed allocations outlined in the report would be from the CIL strategic portion. The neighbourhood portion of CIL would be the subject of a further report early in the next financial year.
4.2 The Committee noted that some projects submitted by Ward Councillors were to be the subject of match funding. These would be worked up and submitted for consideration at the next meeting. The Committee wanted greater progress from departments and, where necessary, detailed reasons why projects should not come forward. The Committee asked that consultation be carried out with all relevant Ward Members not just the Ward Member supporting the scheme.
4.3 Members asked that Officers report back with more detailed reasons on the application relating to Hanover Square. Accordingly a decision on this was deferred for consideration by Councillor Astaire or his successor.
4.4 Councillor Chalkley spoke in support of the Harrow Road scheme, paragraph 5.3.6 of the report. Councillor Harvey also spoke in favour of the Buckingham Gate – Red Route – paragraph 6.2.3 of the report.
1. (a) That approval be given to the expenditure from Westminster’s City CIL Strategic Portion as set out in Section 5.1.5 of the report to include the allocation of funding for the following projects set out in Appendix B:
(i) Baker Street 2-Way (Appendix B, Project 2)
(ii) Beachcroft House Care Home (fit-out) (Appendix B, Project 3)
(iii) Strand/Aldwych Cultural Quarter (Appendix B, Project 4)
(iv) Harrow Road/Kilburn Lane/Ladbroke Grove Junction (Appendix B, Project 5)
(v) Children’s Centre Improvement Programme (Appendix B, Project 6)
(vi) Prince of Wales Junction (Appendix B, Project 7)
(vii) Tachbrook Street Market Electrics (Appendix B, Project 9)
(viii) Maida Vale Cycle Hire Station (Appendix B, Project 10)
(ix) Queensborough Terrace/Queensborough Passage (Appendix B, Project 11)
(b) That in principle approval be given to the allocation of funding for the Church Street Project, subject to match funding being secured from the GLA.
2. That consideration of the Hanover Square Public Realm (soft landscaping) Project 1 be deferred and following further investigation by officers a report be submitted to Councillor Astaire, as the relevant Cabinet Member or his successor.
3. That approval be given to the expenditure of £0.12m from Section 106 funds held for the purposes of the Victoria Area Transport Study as set out in Section 6.2 of the report. This included the allocation of funding for the following projects set out in Appendix B.
(i) Victoria Station Air Quality and contract coach parking scheme (Appendix B, Project 12)
(ii) Buckingham Gate Red Route and coach parking scheme (Appendix B, Project 13)
4. That the update on Councillor proposed priority projects, as set out in Section 7 of the report and Appendix C, and progress be noted, that the St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School project be referred back to the Officer Group and if appropriate, be submitted for approval prior to the next meeting.
5. To note the ... view the full minutes text for item 4.
Close of Meeting