A waiver to the tendering requirements of the Public Contract Regulations 2015 and approval for a direct contract award to WSPLD for the provision of a short breaks service for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs. The direct award is for 20 months with an option to extend for a further 12 months.
Decision type: Key
Decision status: For Determination
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 12/02/2019
Decision due: 28 Feb 2020 by Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Public Health
· The direct award will facilitate the completion of necessary refurbishment work to secure resident and staff safety
· The direct award will facilitate the completion of the acquisition and redevelopment of another property to enable planned remodelling of the service to be progressed and procured.
· Detailed discussion with WSPLD and the Community Learning Disability Team in each borough (it is a joint contract with WCC)
· Liaison with the Legal Team
· Liaison with RBKC Group Accountant (ASC) and WCC’s Finance Manager (ASC)
· Liaison with the Risk and Compliance Team
· Liaison with the Bi-Borough ASC Procurement Team
· There will be ongoing engagement and co-production with Carers, People who use the service and key stakeholders in monitoring and service design.