Decision Maker: Leader of the Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Summary of Decision
Holder” to hold a ballot for the Leicester Square & Piccadilly Circus and Piccadilly and St James’s Property Owner BIDs Renewal Proposal be approved.
Reasons for Decision
HOLBA has a strong collaborative relationship with the City Council.
· Targeting the problem of unregulated waste together resulting in Piccadilly and St James’s area having a 70% reduction in unregulated waste.
· Continuously working together on street cleansing to keep the area clean.
· Partnership working to address illegal street trading in Leicester Square.
· Placing the issue of pedicabs on the government agenda with the ultimate objective of a legislative change.
· There is ongoing work with the events team at Westminster City Council to understand road closures and protests, so HOLBA can notify members of protests and / or road closures in a timely fashion to help manage freight, deliveries and visitors to the area.
· Collaborative working to deliver the Leicester Square brand identity and guidelines and hosting HOLBA’s annual summer screening in Leicester Square. More recent collaborative working to introduce exciting new film related statues to the Leicester Square area.
· Partnership working to deliver a seasonal planting scheme across our public spaces.
· The Leicester Square redevelopment which was completed in 2012 was an example of public and private collaboration – between Westminster City Council, Heart of London and property owners in the area.
· Partnership working to raise standards in the evening and night-time economy, with regular pub watch meetings which council officers attend, Purple Flag and the introduction of Best Bar None.
· Work between HOLBA and the Integrated Street Engagement Unit and the tasking group to help rough sleepers and clear tents on Great Windmill Street
· Guest speakers from Westminster City Council contributing to numerous Perspective events for HOLBA members.
Stuart Love, Chief Executive,
Westminster City Hall,
64 Victoria Street
LONDON SW1E 6QP
19 November 2019 at 5pm
Publication date: 19/11/2019
Date of decision: 19/11/2019