Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Environment and Highways
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Developer funded highways/public realm
improvement scheme. Installation of natural stone, raised tables,
trees, planting, pedestrian and cycle facilities.
2.2 Approval was granted by the Cabinet Member for Environment and Highwaysto undertake Detailed Design and Implementation of the proposed Arundel Court Public Ream Improvements Project.
2.3 The Cabinet Member for Environment and Highways approved capital expenditure to the sum of £3,152,791(included a Risk & Contingency of £373,881) to complete the scheme.
3. Reasons for Decision
3.1 The proposed scheme will contribute to the adopted November 2013 and subsequent updated November 2016 City of Westminster City Plan objectives. It is intended that this scheme will:
· Improve the public realm and pedestrian facilities.
· Provide legible and safer routes for cycle traffic.
· Improve health by encouraging more everyday journeys to be made by active transportation. Improvements to pedestrian facilities are also proposed as part of the scheme.
· Encourage more people to cycle by implementing a scheme suitable for all people who want to cycle in the area, particularly those wishing to avoid some of the busier, highly trafficked main roads.
· Reduce CO2 emissions in part by encouraging modal shift from private motor vehicles to walking, cycling and public transport.
3.2 Public realm improvements formed part of S106 Planning obligations associated with Ref. 11/05626/FULL.
Publication date: 16/11/2020
Date of decision: 16/11/2020
Effective from: 25/11/2020