Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet Member approval sought for relocation of Waste Vehicle Depot.
That this report be exempt from disclosure by virtue of the Local GovernmentAct
2. That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration delegated authority to the Director of Property, Investment and Estates to complete the lease for Landmann Way and secure the long-term position for the Council’s waste depot service.
3. That the Cabinet Member for Finance, Property and Regeneration delegated authority to the Director of Property, Investment and Estates to incur the costs of professional fees associated with the transactions.
Reasons for Decision
1. The new lease is required to secure a long-term waste vehicle depot site to serve communities and businesses across Westminster.
2. The Council has a statutory obligation to provide street cleaning and refuse services
3. The Council is committed to deliver a city for communities and businesses that is clean and well-run.
Publication date: 01/02/2019
Date of decision: 31/01/2019