Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Economic Development, Education and Skills
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet Member approval sought.
1. That Part B of this report be exempt from disclosure under s100B(2) and Schedule 12 A of the Local Government Act 1972, (as amended) in that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
2. That a Pre-Construction Services Agreement (PCSA) for the development of St. Marylebone Bridge Special School with Galliford Try Building Limited, for the value of £384,285.55 be approved.
3. That the Bi Borough Executive Director of Children’s Services be authorised to award the second stage (construction phase) contract to Galliford Try Building Limited for the value of £8,796,015.09.
4. That Galliford Try provide a performance bond for the value of £4,268.84 at the Council’s expense.
5. That the Director of Law be given delegated authority to negotiate and sign an Agreement for Lease with the DfE and any other agreements necessary to give effect to the decision set out above including but not limited to the PCSA, the build contract and performance bond.
The Council has reached agreement with the Department for Education to build a new special school to replace the interim accommodation at 17-23 Third Avenue.
The tender evaluation report (Gate 3) was presented to the Procurement Assurance Board (PAB) on the 26 November 2019. PAB approved the recommendation of the Executive Director of Children’s Services to award the contracts to Galliford Try Building Limited.
The proposed contract value is within the programme budget negotiated with the Department for Education. Overall expenditure is in line with the Pre-Tender Estimate and has been verified by Finance.
Publication date: 24/01/2020
Date of decision: 24/01/2020